Volunteer support continues to be the essential factor in hosting stART on the Street events. stART could not take place without the gracious time and dedication from our volunteers!
There are a variety of tasks open to anyone ages 14 and older. Some tasks include, but are not limited to - assisting with artist arrival, tent set up, moving of tables and chairs, set up info area, merchandise sales, trash collection, and much more! Festival hours are 11am to 6pm, but our busiest times are during setup (6-11am) and breakdown (6-8pm). Volunteer groups from local schools, businesses, and organizations are always welcome!
Questions? Email Andrew at volunteer [at] startonthestreet.org.
If you would like to sign up to be a volunteer for the upcoming festival on Sunday, September 17th, 2023 (rain date September 24th) please review our Guidelines below and fill out this form.
Volunteer & Festival Guidelines
- stART on the Street events are one day outdoor festivals on paved street surfaces in Worcester, MA.
- You must commit to both the Sunday, September 17th festival date and, in the event of rain, Sunday, September 24th.
- Volunteers must be professional, polite and courteous while representing stART on the Street - all stART representatives are asked to refrain from smoking, swearing, and intoxication. Volunteers who cannot abide by this guideline will be asked to remove their stART t-shirt, and, if necessary, to leave the festival.
- A stART on the Street Volunteer t-shirt will be provided. Coordinators recommend volunteers also be prepared with the following:
- Sneakers or comfortable shoes,
- Pants or shorts, whatever you can move around in comfortably is fine,
- A long sleeve shirt/layer to wear under the stART t-shirt, especially if volunteering before 9am or after 6pm,
- A change of shirt if planning to stay at the festival once the volunteering shift ends.
- Successful registration will be confirmed by email.
- stART Coordinators reserve the right to reject any applicant at their discretion.
If you have a have a group that would like to volunteer please email Volunteer [at] stARTontheStreet.org with your group name, the amount of people, and available time frame.