stART is looking for volunteer coordinators to join the team! Positions are unpaid and part-time, but the benefits of working with a group of driven, passionate people and seeing your work come to life on the street are pretty great. Create your own hours with the exception of meetings, which are usually held between Mondays 6-8 on Park Avenue in Worcester. Exact dates, times and locations can be subject to change, but always announced in advance.
Join a dynamic, fun group of Worcester-area art, music and food lovers as we assemble the best annual festival in Central MA!
- Find volunteers from area organizations to donate some time to helping at the festivals. Schools & colleges, local businesses, local groups (Jr. ROTC, fraternities/sororities, your book club or bowling team?) are all great options. A couple criteria to keep in mind:
- Can they be on time and helpful for their 4 hour shift?
- Are they responsible?
- Manage volunteers day-of, ensuring anyone in a Volunteer shirt is actually working for stART in a variety of tasks (ex: market research, info booth help, collecting donations, collecting trash, ensuring tents are properly weighted, etc).
- Works alongside Volunteer Coordinator as a point-of-contact before and during the event.
- May also entail keeping a running list of who is volunteering, scheduling, answering volunteer questions by email before the event and day-of, getting pizza, sending event reminder emails to volunteers to ensure maximum help is available.
- Sense of humor, especially early in the morning (twice a year) a must.
- Communication with the stART team throughout festival organization is required, as is attending some stART meetings. Contributing to day-of load-in/load-out is expected from all coordinators as well.
Interested? Apply below! Questions? Email us and we'll get back to you within 48 hours.